VARDENA is an Italian brand, which has its factory in Varese, a city in the northern part of Italy, since 1980. This area is considered the Land of Champions, thanks to more than 100 years of cycling history. Here you can find industries specialized in luxury textile, aviation, precision mechanics and the most sophisticated cycling. And amidst them is VARDENA, where we engineer and manufacture the new carbon fiber cycling technology of VARDENA.
The name VARDENA comes from putting together Varese and Ardena, the mountain that divides Italy from Switzerland. This is the arduous training ground of some of the strongest cyclists and where VARDENA’s founder found his inspiration. He was a professional rider and conceived the idea of a new generation of cycling uniform technology able to deliver a new level of performance capable of reducing muscle fatigue when worn.
VARDENA’s mission is to design and manufacture the fastest and most performing cycling uniforms in the world.
To do this, the founder put together an all-Italian team of experts in engineering, fluid dynamics and composite materials. The aim is to provide cyclists with revolutionary garments that deliver exceptional maximum performance, yet with the most comfort on the saddle.
Federico Simone, founder of VARDENA, studied as a mechanical engineer at the Politecnico of Milan. After that he moved on to study engineering, aerodynamics, heat-transfer and design. These studies led to defining carbon fiber as the optimal solution for the required performance levels needed. It also showed that this technology was only used in the aerospace industry.
New level of performance
VARDENA started manufacturing the world’s first FULL CARBON CYCLING APPAREL with specialized fabrics of the aerospace sector. The fabrics are Made in Italy and hand-sewed by master craftsmen of the Italian cycling industry. The quality of both the fabric and the sewing gives a whole new level of performance.
- Aerodynamic patch work: patch-work sewing is used to achieve different aerodynamics.
- The most sophisticated laws of fluid dynamic are used to create fabrics specific for each body-part. The goal is to reduce the aerodynamic resistance.
- Visible carbon fiber: carbon fiber can be seen through the fabric when worn
- Full carbon: carbon covers all the main muscles the rider uses when cycling.
- Super Heat-Exchange Capacity: Vardena Carbon Fiber fabric is Super Conductive giving 65% higher capacity of heat exchange compared to standard cycling materials used so far.
- Reduction of Lactic Acid Accumulation: The super conductive characteristics of Vardena carbon fiber maximize the dissipation of the lactic acid accumulation in the muscles, on average from 10 to 12%.
- MANTA Pad: ultra comfortable chamois pad for long-distance rides, highly breathable with carving technology and frontal conch for extra comfort.
SUPPORTING THE ATHLETE’S MUSCULAR PERFORMANCE
Comparable to the development of super cars and the aerospace sector, Vardena tries to reach new boundaries beyond the most advanced technological possibilities, constantly focusing on supporting the athlete’s muscular performance while always being entirely hand-made in our Italian facilities. We are very pleased to project you directly into the future as the first to know about the new Vardena Carbon Ceramic Evolution KIT. The world’s first and only cycling bibs and jerseys completely created with Formula1 originated technology.
The new Carbon Ceramic KIT includes the following features:
- Extreme Heat Dissipation.
- Extreme Lactic Acid Removal.
- Extreme Sun Shield.
- Further Lightened in Weight.
- Maximized Muscular Rotational Freedom thanks to the new All-Directional
- Elasticity Fabric.
- Full Carbon Legs with Inner Super Matt Carbon Ceramic Fabric.
- Rear Carbon Ceramic Heat Dissipators.
- New Design Vardena Tricolore.
- MANTA PAD : world’s first half-moon pre-shaped cycling pad with left/right independence for each ischial bone. It is an ultra comfortable pad also excellent for long rides, highly breathable created with carving technology
Vardena’s Carbon Ceramic KIT new features are all specifically designed to further boost the cyclist’s performance actively while pedaling without compression.